Friday, June 17, 2011

Where have you been?!

Hello? (tap, tap, tap on my computer monitor)

Anyone there?

OK. I deserve the cold shoulder from my readers. It's not like I've been actively blogging for the last month or so.

You've probably been saying to yourself, "Remember that one time I used to follow that blog of that one person with the book?"

Yeah, that's me. And like I said, I deserve that.

So exactly where have I been?

Well...I can't tell you. Not yet. I've had to take some extremely necessary personal time for family reasons.

And while I've been absent from the computer, I have been reading. Let me just say I've read some great books lately! If you bear with me, I will eventually tell you all about them. Sooner rather than later, I hope, because being behind is a pet peeve of mine. It gives me anxiety.

What do you have to look forward to? (In no particular order except as they popped into my memory...)

Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Gone with a Handsomer Man by Michael Lee West
Vaclav & Lena by Haley Tanner
Growing Up Gracie by Maggie Fechner
Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by MAureen McGowan
All About Daisy by O'Dell Hutchinson
The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky
Violet Midnight by Allie Burke
Dread of Night by Joshua D. Boeringa and Robert Forest
A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine

See? Lots of good books. I haven't been slacking as much as you think. This list is only the books I've recently read; it does not include the books I need to read.

But...I'm still working on the family issues. My TBR pile was literally towering on my dresser. I would look at it and feel overwhelming guilt for the authors who are patiently waiting for reviews. With so much going on in my life right now, I decided I can't do it. I gathered a healthy stack of books, and asked a friend and fellow reviewer, Ems, if she would take he load off my shoulders.

She's agreed!

So please be sure to check out In Which Ems Reads Books for awesome reviews. Give her some blog love and follower her. To make it worth your while, she's offering some sweet giveaways right now!

And if you're still reading this, thanks for sticking around. You're the best.No really, you're the best. Pin It

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad to see a post today! *hugs* and good luck with everything!

(and thanks a huge bunch for the shout out!)

KT said...

I'm glad you're (kinda) back. I love your reviews. Of the books listed, I've only read two. I'm interested in what you thought of A Tale of Two Castles.

And, Cinderella: Ninja Warrior sounds awesome.

KT said...

PS. your link to Ems' blog doesn't seem to be working correctly

Deborah A. said...

Thanks KT. I fixed the problem. I'm so glad you told me!

ChrisS said...

Glad to see you back. Hope everything is ok.

Maggie said...

Deborah, so glad to see you're back. I hope things with your family are okay and that you're able to be back in the blogging world soon. Good luck and we've missed you!