Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate

From Goodreads:

Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story.

And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories combine over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in Medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they
least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding-and losing love. Arianne pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. And for the first -and last- time, Daniel and Luce
will spend a night together like none other.

Lauren Kate's FALLEN IN LOVE is filled with love stories . . . the ones everyone has been waiting for.

True love never says goodbye. . .


***

As a fan of the Fallen series, I was pretty excited to read this book.  It is a compliation of love stories from some of the main characters in the series.  In falls in between books #3 and #4.  


I don't know exactly what I expected from this book, but I was disappointed.  I only rated it as two stars on my Goodreads profile.  The writing was fine, but it lacked the good storytelling and mystery of the series.  Most of the stories were a little weird because there hadn't been any mention of them before.  You were just tossed into the middle of a relationship you didn't know existed.  There wasn't much of a plot, either.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a horrible book, but it wasn't the great read I had been looking forward to.


Romance-wise, it was pretty clean.  A few simple kisses but nothing over the top.  Also, it may be helpful to know that one of the stories is about a homosexual couple.  I don't have any qualms about it, but I thought readers might want a heads up in case you need to have a "talk" with a child who's reading it. 


Reading Level: Ages 12 and up
Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers (January 24, 2012)
Amazon
Goodreads Pin It

No comments: