Thursday, June 14, 2012

Review: It's a Mall World After All by Janette Rallison

From Goodreads:
It's too bad they don't give out diplomas for what you learn at the mall, because I could graduate with honors in that subject.  No really.  Since I've worked there, I've become an expert on all things shopping-related. For example, I can tell you right off who to distrust at the mall:
 
1) Skinny people who work at Cinnabon.  I mean, if they're not eating the stuff they sell, how good can it be?

2) The salesladies at department store makeup counters.  No matter what they tell you, buying all that lip gloss will not make you look like the pouty models in the store posters.

3) And most importantly--my best friend's boyfriend, Bryant, who showed up at the food court with a mysterious blonde draped on his arm.

Yeah, I saw it, and yeah, I told my best friend all about it.

You would think this would mean trouble for Bryant, but you would basically be wrong.  Somehow, the evil boyfriend turned everything around, and now I'm the one who has to prove myself!  But I will. Even if Bryant--and more importantly his best friend, Colton--keep trying to stop me.


***

While this book wasn't anything spectacular, I still enjoyed reading it.  Janette Rallison has a way of enticing me to sit and pour over her stories for hours.  I finished this book in just a couple of sittings.  It was a light read, with plenty of romance and character development.  

I didn't find this story as funny as some of Rallison's other books, but it was an enjoyable escape from reality.  I didn't laugh out loud with this one, but I smiled plenty.  The main character, Charlotte is lovable and kind hearted.  She has wonderful intentions that don't always turn out the way she hopes, (in fact most of the time they don't), but it doesn't stop her from being loyal to her friends and to what she feels is right.  She overcomes some of her flaws and tries to improve herself.  It was a good, clean read that I was able to enjoy without ever feeling uncomfortable.  


Reading level: Ages 12 and up
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Walker Childrens; Reprint edition (November 25, 2008)
Amazon
Goodreads



Pin It

No comments: