Monday, July 12, 2010

Review: Bright Blue Miracle by Becca Wilhite

Leigh's life changes when she becomes part of a blended family she didn't need and gets a sister she didn't want. Now, to make things worse, she has to share not only her bedroom, but her best friend, Jeremy.

I read this book in a day or two. Fast read; good paced book. I love the narrative because Leigh's mind works so much like a normal sarcastic teenager. I laughed many times thinking, "That's what I would say." The characters are, for the most part, believable. I sometimes had a hard time following the timeline. One paragraph Leigh is looking for a summer job and the next paragraph she is talking about taking chemistry notes in class.

I will admit I cried a few times. This was a touching, uplifting novel that I've already shared with friends. Highly recommended.


Pin It

No comments: