Friday, January 28, 2011

What am I thinking?!

Here's something you may not know. Most of my books come from a dream. I will wake up one morning with a scene burning in my brain. It is, then, my job to create the rest of the story.

This morning, I woke up with a scene burning in my brain. I had to sit down and write it out. Before I got too far along I thought, "What am I thinking?!" I just finished writing/editing/submitting a book. Now I'm in the process of editing another and prepping it for publication on http://www.createspace.com/. Do I have time to write another one?! Do I have time to do the research, character building, world building, plot outlining, etc?

No.

So what am I going to do?

Write out the scene I dreamt, jot down some other ideas, and then leave it be.

This is kind of hard because it's going to be a good one. Maybe a sci-fi kind of thriller. I dunno. We'll see. I don't even have names yet. In fact, wherever a name should be mentioned, I did this: ______ or ______'s.

Someday I'll have time for you, Little Awesomeness.

Now the trial is going to be seeing how long I can leave it alone. :) Pin It

No comments: