Thursday, May 5, 2011

Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

After being home in the US for months, Ginny is sure she'll never know the contents of the last blue envelope that was stolen, along with all her other posessions, in Greece.

She was wrong.

When a total stranger contacts her with information about the envelopes, Ginny embarks on a second whirlwind journey across the globe. This time, though, Ginny isn't going it alone. Along with the infamous Keith, Ginny is joined by Ellis and Oliver.

Unsure of what she'll find, Ginny certainly got more than she bargained for.

**

I have to say this was more like 3.5 stars, but I rounded up. Why not, right? I adored 13 Little Blue Envelopes, but did not love the sequel.

Keith made me mad, and Ginny didn't do anything to stop him. I know that sounds cryptic, but you can read the sequel and tell me if you agree or if you think I'm off my rocker.

The journey this time was a little more in depth because there were only a 3 places to go. That was nice, but I think it lacked the scenery the first book held. Instead of feeling like I was back-packing through Europe, I felt like I was stuck in the middle of an awkward family vacation.

The dialogue was witty and entertaining (when not rude and callous). There were a few scenes that had me laughing out loud. There was, however, a lot more language in this book than the first. At least it felt like it to me.

In the end, though I didn't enjoy this installment, I certainly hope there are more Little Blue Envelope books to come.

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 288 pages
  • Publisher: HarperTeen (April 26, 2011)
  • Source: The Publisher (via NetGalley)
Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just finished 13 Little Blue Envelopes and read the first sample pages of this book. So far, it seems pretty good. But so far, nothing has really happened. I guess I'll have to download the rest of the book and see. :)