Saturday, August 6, 2011

Review: Tender Loving Care by Jennifer Greene


From Goodreads: When tragedy strikes, Zoe Anderson finds herself in the one role she never expected to have: mother. Sharing guardianship of four-year-old twins with sexy Rafe Kirkland is a responsibility she simply cannot accept. Rafe is just going to have to take care of the boys himself.

Rafe's not prepared to be a single parent either, but deserting the children is not an option—and he's never been as attracted to a woman as he is to their godmother. He proposes a solution: Zoe and the boys will move in with him, at least until other arrangements can be made. Or until he can convince her to make their temporary family permanent.

Zoe reluctantly agrees to the plan, but even after she loses her heart to the twins, she can't possibly take that emotional risk with Rafe…

--

I have to say, this was not my favorite book.

Rafe was about the most sensitive man ever when it came to dealing with Zoe’s emotions and inner turmoil, which was very sweet. There were aspects of the book that I identified with (infertility and adoption), but other than that, I thought the plot took a back seat to sex. 

It felt like most of the book was about the attraction between Zoe and Rafe, which I agree could be a major part of the story. But I honestly felt like the main focus was their physical relationship, and the rest was overshadowed. I wanted to know more about the twins. I wanted to see how Zoe and Rafe dealt with the boys’ loss and mourning. I just wanted more than the book had to offer.

  • Reading Level: Adult
  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • Publisher: Carina Press (April 18, 2011)
  • Source: Publisher via NetGalley
  • Amazon
  • Goodreads
Pin It

No comments: