Sunday, February 12, 2012

Welcome to our new reviewer!

Who knew that increasing the size of one's family would substantially decrease a person's free-time?

Since our emotionally draining fall/winter, I sort of gave up on reading. But, now that my daughter is home, happy and healthy, I've gotten back into the swing of things. I've read about 10 books this year so far. And yes, I'm talking about the last 6 weeks. (My free time just comes at 11pm, 2am, 4am, 5:30am, 6:30am....all those dark night hours when a newborn needs to eat.)

Long story short (ha ha), I have an AMAZING reviewer who is joining the Deborah's Books team! I never imagined having a partner in crime, so it sort of makes me wish I'd named my book blog something a little more versatile and co-reviewer friendly. Anyway. I realized I'm way over my head right now with reading and reviewing. If I/we want to be taken seriously, there had better be more book reviews posted on this blog. So, I begged and pleaded one of my good friends to please, please, puh-leeze help me out.

She finally relented.

So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce Dena.



Dena and I have been friends for a decade now. Gosh, I'm old. She and I were roommates in college. Dena has a degree in Art - I make it sound easy like all she had to do was color in the lines. But believe you me, that's a competitive degree! She spent many nights awake creating beauty while the rest of us spent our time creating morning breath.

She is now using her degree and talents to become famous. Her time here is just one more rung on that ladder. ;)

Dena is a hot mamma with two adorable kids. She's hilarious and has a very down to earth perspective on the world. She's one of the best people I know. We are lucky to have her.

To learn more about this marvelous creature we call Dena, visit her at her art blog, her illustration website, or her art website. Her profile page is much more impressive than the little intro I just gave her. :)


(PS. I don't know if it really matters all that much, but it wasn't so much that I begged Dena to help me...it was more like she furrowed her eyebrows, cocked her head to the side and said, in her best mommy voice, "Aw, poor thing. Would you like some help?" To which I calmly bawled and sniffled and said, "Yes, please.") Pin It

No comments: