Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax day: a good day? It is if you're me...

Why is today a good day if you're me? No, it's not because I've already done my taxes. No, it's not because today is my day off and I'm still sittin' around in my bathrobe. No, it's not because I won the lottery...because I didn't.

Today is a good day for me because I just found out that I am in the top 100 semi-finalists for the Amazon ABNA contest!!!!!

Yes, you know my book that I've been trying to shove down your throats....it made it to the next level!!!!

Last time I had to wait ALL day before I heard anything. This morning I got on the website and saw the announcement. Tada!!

Go to www.amazon.com/abna and click on "Fantasy" and you will see little old me...well, The Gifted by little old me.

I honestly figured I wouldn't have not great news for you because I've read some of the other entrants and discovered they were filled with blood, vulgarity and sex. Mine is not. I don't write that and I don't want to read it. So I figured I'd be out. But hey, here I am telling you the good news!

I told my sister-in-law, I could really get used to having good news to share! Good news seems it's been few and far between for us up until recently.

So from here the 100 will be narrowed to 3. Just 3. I'm pretty positive this is as far as I go, but I'm not discouraged or upset. I'm already looking for an agent or publisher that will take me. (I've had a lot of people ask me if I'll try to get published. The answer is a resounding yes.) The problem is I legally can't submit my manuscript anywhere else until I'm booted from the contest.

I feel so blessed to have made it this far and I am EXTREMELY grateful to you for your support. I know I keep saying that, but I keep meaning it too.

Wish me luck! Pin It

6 comments:

Dena said...

DEBORAH! How extremely exciting! This just keeps getting better and better! You made it into the top 100! Out of 10,000 entries! That is an amazing accomplishment! CONGRATULATIONS!

Logan Family est 2003 said...

Hip Hip Horay!! I knew you'd make it cuz it's you and what I read was great! :) I cannot wait until I have a minute to read more! Like you said, even if you don't make it to the final 3 (which I would NOT be suprised if you made it to numbor uno), I know another publisher will suck you in and spit out a book that will be everywhere! Who knows, I wouldn't be suprised if your book was on the big screen like your FAVORITE book (I think we know which one that is... The author starts with Steph... :)). You can Do it!! Don't give up and never discredit your ability/talent given from our Father in Heaven! :)

Da home of Reeves said...

That is amazing Congrats! So exciting never sell your self for less. You are worth it and you are very talented always remember that no matter what happens. I will be looking forward to see what happens next!! Thanks for keeping us updated! Also Dena you are an amazing artist! Neither one of you ever give up you are both full of talent!

Maura said...

Yay you! :) I'd write more but I already did the happy dance and all the yays and contrats on the chat this morning.

Love ya!

G said...

If you have a good story plot, which you do, then you don't need all the other garbage to fill in to try to stretch a story, lot of the time that is the unecessary junk that makes you want to throw the book away. I would rather read a story and imagine the rest. Keep up the good work and being in the top 100 goes to show you that adding all that fillers are not necessary.
love you and we are extremely proud of you and your gift of story telling

Natalie said...

Wow! That is awesome!!! I am so happy for you. That means so much when you put your hear and soul into something and it does so well. I am so happy for you I shed a tear reading the news. I am soooo happy for you. And I was serious about the tear...I think I have shed two now because it is AWESOME!