Don't forget! The YA New Summer Reads Competition will begin accepting submissions on April 15th. Hey, that's tomorrow!
This competition is available to any book (published or self-published). The only stipulation is that it must be published between January 1 and August 1, 2011. Also, only the author, author’s agent or author’s publisher may submit the book.
Since this is the first year of the competition, our resources are a bit limited, so we will only be accepting novels in the following categories:
* Contemporary Teen Fiction & Teen Romance
* Paranormal/Fantasy & Dystopian Teen Fiction
1. Submissions will begin April 15 and go through April 30, 2011.
2. A maximum of 50 entries will be accepted in each category
3. The judges will begin reading excerpts on May 1
4. The top 5 in each category will be announced on May 22. These 5 will move on to the final round.
5. The top 5 authors MUST send a copy of their book to each judge. The book must be received by June 1.
6. The winners in each category will be announced on August 1.
7. Each judge will post their review of the winning book on their site, as well as here on Book Twirps, Good Reads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and LibraryThing.
8. Each judge will also host a Q&A with the winning author in the category they judged on their blog, and also host any giveaways the author would like to participate in.
So if you've published a novel between January 1 and August 1, 2011, run over to BookTwirps and check out the submission requirements. (And while you're there, you might as well Meet the Judges.) If you've recently read a great book you think could win it all, contact the author or publisher and let them know about the contest.
Spreading the word couldn't hurt either. You never know what budding novelist reads your blog and could very well be the next big thing.