Thursday, July 21, 2011

Review: Dread of Night by Joshua D. Boeringa and Robert Forest

From Goodreads: Thirteen stories to keep you up at night.


Check the closet and under the bed. Grab a flashlight and hide out under the covers. In these stories, you will encounter monsters escaped from your nightmares. A helpful stranger is not quite as kind as he seems. An old man has a difficult time letting go. A fisherman's first catch of the day might also be his last.


Read on if you dare.

--

This book is definitely classified as horror, but it’s not what I imagined it would be. I am NOT an avid avoider of horror, but the author convinced me to give it a try

There was really no blood or guts, and I think that’s the thing that really makes a difference. It leaves it up to your imagination to fill in the blanks.

There are thirteen short, very well written stories. Each has an illustration which I think are the perfect touch. I worried they would be cheesy and distract from the stories, but they were just right. They were well written and quick to get through.

In the end, my gut was all twisted with worry and fright. Like I said, I don’t enjoy scary stories, but this was really well done.

  • Reading Level: Young Adult
  • Publisher: Sissy Fist Press (March 4, 2011)
  • Source: Author for review
  • Amazon
  • Goodreads
Pin It

No comments: