Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Review: Witch Song by Amber Argyle - Traveling ARC

From Goodreads: The world is changing. Once, Witch Song controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons-but not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by a traitor. All but Brusenna. As the echo of their songs fades, the traitor grows stronger. Now she is coming for Brusenna. Her guardian has sworn to protect her, but even he can't stop the Dark Witch. Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find the traitor. Fight her. Defeat her. Because if Brusenna doesn't, there won't be anything left to save.

**

Take what you think you know about witches, and throw it away. In Witch Song, witches, also called Chanters, are singers. They sing to make their magic work, and their gift is with elements. They make plants grow and steady the seasons, making them a friend to all…though not all have eyes to see what a blessing they are. I loved this book. I thought the writing was fantastic. The story was vividly interesting. Brusenna showed real character growth. The love story was perfect. There was almost constant danger and suspense.

There were a few things that were maybe not my favorite though. I hated how no one took Senna seriously, even after she’d proven herself time and time again. The other thing that I didn’t love was the passage of time. I think it was totally realistic for an untrained witch to take as long as Senna did to learn everything she needed. But I felt like it was one page she’d been at it for a week, and the next it’d been six months. Like I said, I think the timeline is realistic, but I felt like the transition could have been smoother.

Like I said, I loved this book! I highly recommend it to all readers.

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 325 pages
  • Publisher: Rhemalda Publishing (September 1, 2011)
  • Source: Publisher for Review
  • Amazon
  • Goodreads
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got an ARC of this one and can't wait to start! I'm holding off a little, because I know that once I start, I won't be able to put it down. I want my review to be fresh and come out right when the book does, so I'll wait a month. It's hard waiting!!

Great review!

amberargyle said...

I'm glad you enjoyed. :)