Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review: Meant to Be by Tiffany King

Krista Miller feels like she has lived her entire life in a glass box with her every emotion on display. She can’t help feeling like a defect as her sensitivities have made her socially inept. She doesn't even have any friends...except the boy that visits her every night in her dreams.

Krista’s emotions are put to the test when a move to California triggers a devastating change to her fantasy world. The comfort of the boy's presence has now become a recurring nightmare as he is taken from her by an unseen force every night.

Struggling to appear normal, Krista enrolls in a new school and finds it to be nothing like she thought. Her new life is sent spiraling out of control from a strange connection with a boy, Mark, who claims to know all her secrets, as well as finally making a friend. One who understands her better than she though.

As Krista begins to explore the emotions that Mark evokes in her, secrets about their mysterious past and their predestined purpose threatens to separate them just when they have found each other.

--

I thought this book had a fantastic concept. An awkward teenage girl with strange abilities and a true love she’d never met…except in her dreams. The characters were well-rounded, the climax was awesome, and I couldn’t put the book down. I had to know what was happening! I think I finished it in one day. Maybe two…

Although I was enjoying the story, I felt really confused during most of the book. I felt like I should have known what was happening, but I couldn’t figure it out.

At the end, I was left with a few questions, but I think that was on purpose. I’m excited for the release of the sequel.

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 300 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace (March 28, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • Source: giveaway for review
  • Amazon
  • Goodreads
Pin It

No comments: