Monday, March 14, 2011

In My Mailbox -1-

I wanted to kind of sweep my negative review under the rug (I hate doing that to an author!). So I decided to participate in a weekly meme by The Story Siren called In My Mailbox.

The idea of IMM is to post any books you've bought, received as a gift, checked out from the library, or received in the mail to review. However you get them, post them.

In my case, it's almost always the library. Up this week?

Dark Divine by Bree Despain:


I'm really excited about this one. I'm already on the waiting list for #2.











Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell:



I read this a few years ago and just loved it to pieces. This is a re-read, but it will be so enjoyable. Besides, last time I didn't post a review.











The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner:



This is a recommendation from a good friend. I'm really looking forward to it though, as I've heard good things about the whole series.










And that's what's in my mailbox...or rather, in my library bag on the table.

What are you reading? Pin It

5 comments:

KT said...

oooh! I hope you like The Thief!! (and that I haven't built it up so much that it's a total disappointment!)

Allie said...

Reading Catching Fire right now (The Hunger Games, #2), which I borrowed from my mother-in-law (4 of us girls in the family have a book club, and the books we don't read in book club we pass around!)

Next up (I'm almost done with Catching Fire) is um, oh, I don't know. Maybe Witch & Wizard by James Patterson. My stack's a little big at the moment, so hard to decide... :)

Deborah A. said...

KT,

It'll be great! Both you and my younger sister have recommended it to me, and she reads about a book a day (not kidding). It's got to be good! If not...I'll blame you. Just kidding;)

Allie,

How could you possibly think about reading anything other than Mockingjay?! I've never heard of Witch & Wizard (I don't think anyway). I look forward to reading your review. I get too stressed if I've got too much in my to-read list. So good luck.

Allie said...

Deborah,

Lol, I know right?! LOVE this series. BUT unfortunately I have to wait 'til it comes my way!

I hope you enjoy The Dark Divine. I certainly did. :)

Nicole said...

Half way through Into the Second Springtime by June Marie Saxton...pretty funny stuff.

And The Emperor of Nihon-Ja (Book 10 in the Ranger's Apprentice series). It just came in the mail today from Australia!!!