Thursday, February 10, 2011

I just thought I'd share.

I feel a little funny saying this, but here it goes: I have a website.

I read an article from about.com that said when promoting your book, the first thing you need to do is create a website and a blog. Notice the middle word there? And. Not or. And.

So, I created the blog first, then the website. Hey, the article never mentioned what order they had to come in.

There is really nothing on my website that isn't on my blog, but at least my presence is now on the internet. I keep changing the design of my blog trying to make it simple and not resemble my website too much. Bare with me during the "construction" phase of the blog...and probably the website as well.

Anyway, if you want to see my site, here is the address:

www.deborahandreasen.com

Pretty cool, huh?

I've been looking at other authors' websites trying to see what they post and such. It all varied so much that I couldn't find any common ground, really. Well, that's not true. I did realize that every author's personality was visible in their blog. I guess that makes my personality blocky and a bit empty.

Sigh.

I guess I'll find my way once I have more to add. Right now I have no interviews, no reviews, no additional books or projects. My presence in the writing world is somewhat in the newborn stage. Actually, I'm not even born yet, so I guess I should feel pleased that I had anything to put on my website! :)

By the way, suggestions would be helpful. Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Deborah, I just emailed you something that I think you might find useful. Love the website, by the way!