Saturday, February 19, 2011

Review: Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George

Princess Poppy and her eleven sisters were cursed to dance every night for over ten years in an underground palace with half-mortal princes. But Princess Poppy's brother-in-law broke the curse, and now they're free. Poppy has vowed never to dance again!

Poppy, now 16, is sent to a foreign country in a royalty exchange program. She meets Prince Christian, who is also on the exchange program. He is so easy to like, they immediately become good friends.

From here, the story is very Cinderella. Enter a ball, a mysterious beautiful princess who wears slippers made of glass and disappears at midnight.

Princess Poppy can see the mystery princess for who she is, and she knows what a curse is when she sees once. She rolls up her sleeves to tackle the challenge, but she must hurry. The mystery princess has her sights on Christian.

This is the sequel to The Princess at the Midnight Ball.

I adored this story. I love fairytale retellings, and this was no exception. Poppy was sassy but lovable. The descriptions were natural and beautiful. I really enjoyed escaping to the "princess" life while reading this book.

The only thing I did not like was the ending. I felt it was a little abrupt and forced. Maybe that's because I wanted the story to keep going? I don't know. Either way, this was a fabulous read.

Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must admit that I am thoroughly impressed with how quickly you are reading these books! It seems like you are able to post a new review almost every other day.

This sounds like an interesting series. I might have to check it out!

Deborah A. said...

Thanks Dena! I appreciate that. It's nice to know someone is noticing:)

I am trying to read 100 books this year, so I'm going through them quickly. That and all my library holds became available at the same time.